Sunday, December 18, 2005

Muddy Promotions Grass Roots Action Day

These are the pictures from the Muddy Promotions grass roots action day event held at The Crown Lincoln Road Peterporough. Thanks to Dean for letting us use the facilities. Thanks to everyone who turned up to support the cause. The event was organised by Muddy Promotions with help from Unity. Mucho Dinero was raised. The total to be announced at a later date. But it's a shit load.So thanks to everyone. By the way click on any of the photos and they become hee-owge.

It's all about bringing people together under the one banner.We're all in this together. We are one people on this planet so we should work as one, with no discrimination or favour. I apologise for not being there early enough to bring you the fabulous Paul Errington, but I was racing down the A1 at the time from Lincoln. I didn't make it. Paul has forgiven me on condition that I shoot him at Unity. You know what I mean Photographs. He'll be appearing soon. Meanwhile this is John Litchfield the impossibly tall guitarist and singer.
Next up we had "John Doe": Featuring on guitar Neil, on bass, Tom and on drums, Joe.

Istari: OK we affectionately know them as Abi and Richard.
How many people can you fit on one acoustic stage? Abi and Richard joined by moony shaking an egg thing, John on congas and Jody on Flute.

Silverspace. After a bit of discussion we couldn't pigeon hole them. A little bit reggae, a little bit rock, Hawkwind influence., What the hell they were great.

On lead guitar and electronic wizardry, Rion Zion. What's going on is this a competition for the daftest name?

...Michael on drums...

...and the lovely Bex on keyboard.

..finally Ben on Bass.

Yo Yeti: I got into deep trouble for not posting a picture of Beesh last week. It was an oversight. I'm sorry. OK? I prostrate myself on the ground and beg forgiveness. So here he is.Rapper extraordinaire. The streets had better watch out.

Yo Yeti.

You can easily run out of superlatives to describe bands. You all know them, you love them. This is "Wake".

The undeniable talent that is Charlie Alexander. Straight from work to the gig in less than twenty minutes. And he's still wearing his Waitrose work shirt. This is the dedication he has. Just to bring to you his original songs.

Help it's "circus"...

Irene Rae. Fabulous.

"Point of Origin" or "POO" for short. Had you all up and dancing.

Featuring Mr Cool himself Stacey on guitar and vocals.

...Shaggy...

...Jody on flute and Abid on Bass...

...Piper on keyboards...

...Abi on guest vocals...

If you missed this guy, may your soul be tormented in Hell for the rest of eternity. For this is the one, the only, James Chadwick. He is the reason I have given up playing guitar. After twenty years playing live on stage I am still crap. This boy has more talent in his little finger than I could attain practicing every day for a hundred years. God! I hope he doesn't take up photography. I might as well slit my wrists and dig my own grave.Breath taking.

You couldn't wish to meet a nicer bunch of guys than "The Gangsters" despite their name.

...and they are: Antonio Gangster on lead guitar. Is this a conspiracy? Does everyone have to have a made up name. I'm not for one moment believing this one.

...Gerry Brown on drums.

...Jo Jimbo on Bass. You guys are taking the piss now.

...Sterret Hall on lead vocals and sax. I give up.

Mucho thanks to Ian who despite drinking with Ian at the Fidds the night before until the early hours managed to keep it together all day and all night.

Finally Mike Da Hat for once the other side of the camera. Unityrocks site designer, musician, writer, photographer and all round genius, with Dee.

Rock on dudes and may your God be with you.

No comments: