Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Stardom by Proxy

You guys are going to have to forgive me because this technically isn't about Unity or music. But I need your help. I have been approached by a computer games company to provide photographs of a teenage boys bedroom. It's got to be a large room with all the regular bedroom furniture and teenage type posters on the wall. They will use the photographs as a template for part of a possible forthcoming computer game.
So I agreed to take on the commission without thinking, "what is it going to look like, a forty something photographer with camera in a teenage boys bedroom? And not end up on a police list."
It does not look good.
I was given a little back ground. The bedroom scene in this game is a boy looking at a poster and he gets sucked into it and so the adventure game begins. The boy has already been chosen and he has done the blue screen live action already. From after the poster bit he becomes a digital image and everything from then on is CGI.
So if you've a large bedroom that is typically a boys room and you want a bit of fame and glory, to say "That's MY bedroom in this game" contact me. Mike Da Hat. You yourself wont be in the game, just your room.
As an easy out, I suggested my own sons room, which is 8 by 12. It's too small apparently. So now I am forced to put it to you. You don't have to be an actual teenager. Your room just has to look that way.
Contact me. I don't really want to have to go door to door asking if I can photograph bedrooms. And I certainly don't want to end up on any police lists. You know what I'm saying.

Rock on dudes

No comments: